3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Towing Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 08:46 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Dakota08
I'm back again (sorry). I looked on the drivers door and was given the tire pressure, tire size and truck load capacity. There is no towing information on this sticker.

Using the manual, I didn't get much help on my specific truck. The pictures says "weights in chart shown are not weights for your vehicle".

However, looked at the bodybuilder link. There are bolded ones (which represents optional). How do I determine if its mine or not? I have a 2008 SLT 4x4 quad cab v8. Mainly curious on the rear axle ratio 3.55 vs 3.92.

Although it is obvious, I'm not knowledgeable on vehicles and apologize for my ignorance. Thanks for the help.
Click on the link below my signature picture. Get your build sheet to find out your gearing. Then check out the Dodge towing capacity link on the same page.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Dakota08
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotaff
Click on the link below my signature picture. Get your build sheet to find out your gearing. Then check out the Dodge towing capacity link on the same page.
Thank you. Pretty sure I got it now.

I'm not sure where my Equipment Identification Sticker is, which seems to have all the answers to my question.

Thanks again.

Now being a total idiot...how do I go about getting set up to tow? I have a hitch an 4 pin wiring.

Last edited by Dakota08; 04-20-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:52 PM
pierrejoly
Veteran
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If towing anything serious, you need a 7 pin connector and a trailer brake controller. The 7 pin hooks up to the 4 pin when you install it. It also gets a better ground, the trailer brake wire and a 12 v from the battery with a fuse for protection and a relay if you don't want to have that live all the time.

Quick Reply: Towing Question