3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Adding power seats and Windows and anything else I can

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 04:11 PM
garryburrell
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding power seats and Windows and anything else I can

Ok guys I have a 2005 dakota ST. I have been looking at adding power windows,locks,power heated mirrors and power heated seats. So what I am thanking is I buy a friends 2006 durango That is totaled I could pull the wiring harness and the computer and transfer it to my truck then put in the window motors and the seats. I thank that should make them work with out going to the dealer to have every thing turned on with the stars an tool. This is what I hope anyway. Any info on this would be great if you have tried this and if it worked. Thanks for all the help

Old 09-24-2015, 06:33 PM
garryburrell
Rookie

Doesn't anyone have a idea about this.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:36 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Feel free to use the search function up top. There are many threads on adding power windows and locks. The same for power mirrors, although getting the heated function never seems to work.

I don't think many (if any) members have scavenged parts from a Durango (I know the mirrors and seats are different), so you may not get much assistance on this the way it was asked.

Last edited by dakotaff; 09-24-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:31 PM
garryburrell
Rookie

I basically need to know if I get the PCM from the 2005 Durango, and put it in my 2005 Dakota ST will it work? Or should I just take my truck to the dealer and have them stars can it to turn everything on. I have already installed the heated power mirrors that I got from Amazon. I also installed the cruise contral switches and the servo.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:49 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by garryburrell
I basically need to know if I get the PCM from the 2005 Durango, and put it in my 2005 Dakota ST will it work? Or should I just take my truck to the dealer and have them stars can it to turn everything on. I have already installed the heated power mirrors that I got from Amazon. I also installed the cruise contral switches and the servo.
The donor PCM will contain the VIN and mileage from the Durango. When you go to inspection and they hook up to your truck, the wrong VIN and a different mileage will be shown, possibly causing an automatic failure. I'm not sure, but when dealing with the security systems of newer vehicles, it may cause issues. If you ever want to sell your truck, the different information of the PCM could be a big problem.

The cruise control should work with the addition of the buttons and servo, but the cruise control lights will not display on the dash without the PCM flash. (IIRC)

Old 09-26-2015, 07:23 AM
garryburrell
Rookie

Thanks for the info on the pcm didn't thank of the miles and the vin #. And yes my cruise does work but with out the light. And most of the time I forget that I added it so it doesn't get used. So I guess I will see if the dealer can do this for me. Unless there are places I can send my Pam to be reprogrammed like I did my Chevy Blazers PCM

Quick Reply: Adding power seats and Windows and anything else I can