3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2006 Dodge Dakota 4.7 V8 RWD Quad cab

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Levi29607
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dodge Dakota 4.7 V8 RWD Quad cab

Hello all,

I'm new to this and am having some issues with my new truck. The dealer is unwilling to help and I need help and if anyone can shed some light, I'd be very glad to receive it.

1) I need to locate where the THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR and TRANSMISSION SPEED SENSORS are located.

2) I need to find out where my O2 SENSORS are and can't seem to find any diagrams online for my vehicle.

3) I also need to replace all of the shocks and struts and have been looking everywhere and on the manufactures pages of KYB and Monroe but am at a loss. I want to spend under $300 and want to buy truck/hauling ones that can handle what I throw at it but be a very smooth ride. I thought of mixing the front with KYB MonoMax in the rear because I can't find any for the front. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I should get that would work good for hauling and ride quality? I won't be hauling daily but want something that will tolerate a full load once I move. :-)

I really appreciate any and all replies. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my first post. Happy Friday!

Levi

Old 04-22-2016, 10:01 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Levi29607
Hello all,

I'm new to this and am having some issues with my new truck. The dealer is unwilling to help and I need help and if anyone can shed some light, I'd be very glad to receive it.

1) I need to locate where the THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR and TRANSMISSION SPEED SENSORS are located.

2) I need to find out where my O2 SENSORS are and can't seem to find any diagrams online for my vehicle.

3) I also need to replace all of the shocks and struts and have been looking everywhere and on the manufactures pages of KYB and Monroe but am at a loss. I want to spend under $300 and want to buy truck/hauling ones that can handle what I throw at it but be a very smooth ride. I thought of mixing the front with KYB MonoMax in the rear because I can't find any for the front. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I should get that would work good for hauling and ride quality? I won't be hauling daily but want something that will tolerate a full load once I move. :-)

I really appreciate any and all replies. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my first post. Happy Friday!

Levi
Moved to the correct section. Welcome to the forum.

The TPS is on the side of the throttle body. Transmission speed sensors I think are either inside or on the side of the transmission. I never had a problem with mine, hopefully someone else will chime in.

O2 sensors are on the exhaust downpipe between the manifold and the catalytic converter for the upstream, after the catalytic converter for the downstream. Not hard to find, just got to get under the truck and look for them.

Monroe, Rancho and KYB all make shocks/struts for this vehicle. There are load leveling shocks available for the rear. Rancho provides the stiffest ride, followed by Monroe, then KYB is more like OEM. Struts are not cheap. You'd be hard pressed to fine a set of struts for the front and shocks for the back for under $300.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:49 PM
Levi29607
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for replying! About the shocks and struts, I know in the end I will more than likely pay more and I'm okay with that. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to share. I was thinking about Monroe Reflex Struts and Monroe Sensa-Track Shocks. ?

Last edited by Levi29607; 04-22-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:17 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

That's what I ran, very happy with them. Others like the Rancho. Be prepared to deal with seized lower strut mounting bolts though. The single biggest pain in the you know what to changing struts on these trucks.

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Dakota 4.7 V8 RWD Quad cab