3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

havent been on in a while...new look :)...and dealing with cooling issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016 | 10:38 AM
rookie
Captain

Sorry about your cooling problems, but tell me about that front bumper! custom? my truck is long travel with extended fenders and i need to do bumpers now

Old 09-20-2016 | 02:26 PM
sethgtrx4
|
Professional

Originally Posted by rookie
Sorry about your cooling problems, but tell me about that front bumper! custom? my truck is long travel with extended fenders and i need to do bumpers now

yep you guessed it. I had the bumper built by a local shop here in Vegas. The pre-rummer styles are the most popular out here but I told him I wanted a 4wd style that could include my fog lights. I dont have them in at the moment...I have to extend the wiring harnesses. I didn't need a new bumper until a rainy day caused my gf and I to spin out at a very low speed. We hit a concrete light pole...taco'd the stock bumper between the frame rails. Going OEM was pointless... paint, bumper, repairing the mounts. No thanks. I bought the grill off ebay for 120 and the bumper was 600 or so. He cut off the stock bumper mounts and welded the bumper to the frame.

Quick Reply: havent been on in a while...new look :)...and dealing with cooling issue