3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Impressed with how the Dak handled

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 10:07 AM
rocvisionz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Impressed with how the Dak handled

We got our first crazy snow storm here in Western, NY last night. Only had to use 4wd to get out of my driveway since my plow guy wont get there until later on today, but even in 2wd I was surprised at how well the truck got through the snow and on the bad side roads. Don't have sand bags in the back yet but who knows...may not even need them. I was told with it being a long bed, it'll fish tail and handle pretty bad but if it does as well as it did this morning the rest of the winter, I won't have a thing to worry about.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:17 PM
Antoniocool

What tires do you have on it? My Dakota is a base v6 non 4wd and I'll be looking for tires soon. I'm also in NY. Drum rear brakes non antilock the truck will fish tail in the rain under hard braking

Old 11-22-2016, 12:51 PM
rocvisionz

Just brand new no name tires that the dealer put on before selling it. I plan on getting some bigger and better tires soon, but no need to do it now since they are literally only a couple months old.