3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Can't find suspension lift kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 07:57 PM
Nicholas Fedak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find suspension lift kits

Hi I am looking for a suspension lift kit for my 2005 dodge Dakota which has 2 and 4 wheel drive, 4.7 L V8 engine. I have been looking everywhere and there seems to only be leveling kits not suspension. I have seen on some forums that they may have stoped making them. My questions are is this true? Are there only leveling kits for this truck? If so, will the leveling lift do the same as a suspension lift? I would like to raise my truck 3 inches and make it level as well but i do not want a body lift. Thank you

Old 12-16-2016, 08:17 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

We have only leveling kits for the front, blocks or add-a-leaf for the rear, and a 3" body lift by Performance Accessories. A 3" leveling kit will raise hell on your front end, 2" is the most that is relatively safe.

Welcome aboard.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:23 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

As stated. If 4x4, 2" spacer is max without ruining the front end. No suspension lifts are made. Used to be a guy who made a front diff drop kit but at @$6000 each, there was not enough demand to stay in business.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:43 PM
Nicholas Fedak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did find a leveling kit that is up to 3" in both the front and back. If i were to lift my 2005 dodge dakota would this be what i would buy? I was thinking of 3" in the front and 2" in the back to level it out as well as lifting it. Links are down below. First one has shims and the second does not...whats the difference?

http://supremesuspensions.com/produc...ift-kit-shims/

http://supremesuspensions.com/produc...eling-kit-4wd/

Old 12-18-2016, 08:00 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Read what has been written. Don't go over 2" in the front.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:09 PM
pierrejoly
Veteran
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

your question about the shims has to do with the lift block for the rear suspension. the shims change the pinion angle on the rear axle to get it more in line to where it should be with the lift blocks for longer pinion life.

and yes, do not do more then 2 inchs up front on a 4wd dakota. you will constantly be changing your CV shafts with a 3 inch lift. even the 2 inch lift will make the lifespan of the CV shafts less then ideal but if not pushed too hard they will survive quite well on a 2 inch lift. at 3 inch, you also have issue with the ball joins and the tie rod ends. you are at the end of their travel and you will have nothing but issues.