3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

My stupid tailgate.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:47 PM
barrysuperhawk
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My stupid tailgate.

I'm on my fourth Dakota now one first generation to Second generations and now and Third generation and then bloody heck can't Dodge get a stupid tailgate latch right? I just don't want got arrested at an airport because they wanted to open up my tailgate to inspect my bed but of course the stupid tailgate latch doesn't work and was he moved a little lever over on one of the sides so when I tried to explain to the teenage girl that was inspecting me how to do it she obviously could not. And then when I try to get out to assist well of course that then I just became a terrorist and subject to having pointy sticks in my general direction.

Every Dodge truck I have ever had, has had the exact same problem that the tailgate won't latch no matter how hard you slam it. It wants you push the little tab down on either side of the tailgate. The worst part about it is I'm also on my second failed power tailgate lock and the company is telling me that it's because mine is a Dodge and they won't warranty it.
so please, for the love of God tell me somebody has got a solution for this that doesn't involve winking and nodding and saying yup do they do that

Old 02-14-2017, 03:51 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Moved to the correct section.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My stupid tailgate.