3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dakota 2006 ABS/Brake light issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Robert Dillon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dakota 2006 ABS/Brake light issue

I have a 2006 Dakota and the ABS and Brake light came on the same time. I took it in to a brake shop and the brakes were good. The code reader miss-matched parts. I haven't added anything to the truck so what could cause this issue. I've tried to schedule an appointment with my local dodge dealer but either they don't answer the phone or they take my number and say they will call me back, but never do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:12 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Check the wheel sensors and wiring.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:49 PM
JCinTenn
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2007 just has rear wheel ABS, but there is a wire with a sensor on the drivers side front wheel hub. The wire is clipped to the knuckle and runs up under the plastic splash guard to the connector it goes to. I just did my front hub/bearing and the new hub/bearing came with the sensor. I think you can buy just the sensor though. If you have 4 wheel ABS then there's probably another sensor somewhere. First make sure all the connections are tight before you go replacing things. It's probably something simple.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Robert Dillon

Ok, I replaced my wheel sensor but lights are still on. Code reader gets two ABS codes. C2202 Original VIN mismatched or missing and C2206 Vehicle Configuration mismatched. Any ideas, everything on the truck is original except the transmission.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:44 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Disconnect the battery for a bit to reset everything.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:49 AM
Karl Eisel
Default 06 Dakota Abs and brake light on at 35 mph

Robert, did you ever figure out your problem with your abs and brake light coming on? Mine come on at @35 mph and then reset when ignition is cycled. My speedometer has no issues, and ive replaced the VSS in the rear diff. There are no other speed sensors or abd sensors on the hubs and wheels. Ive verified that the brake fluid level sensor is operating correctly, ive replaced the parking brake switch, ive replaced the brake switch and ive replaced the pcm programmed to the correct vin. The abs module does not show a vin mismatch error code. Any help would be appreciated.

V/r,
Karl

Old 01-18-2021, 07:01 AM
Greg Gorby
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine just started that in the last month or so. The Iights never stay on for long. Next time I am in a self serve carwash,
I will spray around the calipers and rotors. Had that problem with a GMC Sierra.

Quick Reply: Dakota 2006 ABS/Brake light issue