3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

do i need to the updated TRS CAM PLATE

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 09:44 AM
David Kalinowski
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default do i need to the updated TRS CAM PLATE

I've been searching (google and this forum search feature), I need to replace the shift solenoid i have a 2005 dakota 4.7L 4x4 with factory tow group. I've seen conflicting info about this (some places say its only on the 97-03 tranny that its needed, and the 04+ is fine.. others say all of them need it..). I already got the solenoid (i assumed since it was OEM that it would come with the TRS CAM plate weather it was needed or not.. I was wrong) any ways please help ^_^;

Also, i seem to have gotten a leak in my internal trans cooler, so now I need to replace the radiator (which shouldnt be hard) but coolant seems to have mixed with the transfluid so I want to get all the trans fluid out, could I put it in PARK and let it drain from the trans lines while sucking up new fluid? how much fluid would that take roughly speaking? (I dont have the money to take it any where, so i'm driveway meachanicing this)

Last edited by David Kalinowski; 10-11-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:45 PM
David Kalinowski
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no one knows this? or is it just a crap shot depending on what day my trans was built?

I'm about ready to just sell the damn thing and get a different truck.. i just noticed my lower radiator support is rusted to hell too, seems like every time I look at this thing i find more going wrong..