3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

why wont the headlights come on and the inside lights wont go off in my durango

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 10:33 AM
katie.greer@comcast.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why wont the headlights come on and the inside lights wont go off in my durango

I have a 2003 dodge durango slt with 70,000 miles on it. Never had a problem with it until a couple months ago. First thing I noticed is that the key fob didn't unlock the doors, the headlights wouldn't come on and the lights on the inside wouldn't go off and the security light was on in the dash. I disconnected the battery so it wouldn't go dead because of the lights being on. After an hour or so I tried to start it and it started right up and everything was working back to normal. No more problems until this morning and the same thing happened again Any idea what this could be?

Old 12-03-2017, 07:35 PM
DOINGITLARGE
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lights not going off could be because car thought a door was open? And headlights not coming on because car thought parking break was on? Just throwing these out there...

Good to hear that battery cycle fixed it though.

Quick Reply: why wont the headlights come on and the inside lights wont go off in my durango