3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Front end knocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 06:29 AM
Pittfan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end knocks

2010 Dakota. Had upper & lower control arms replaced, both strut and sway bar links but still have front end noise like something loose, not tightened

Old 12-11-2017, 09:20 AM
aswartz702

Is it a clunk sound? My '05 does it sometimes when turning it unexpectedly makes a clunk on the drivers side.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:16 PM
FaceDeAce
Veteran
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittfan
2010 Dakota. Had upper & lower control arms replaced, both strut and sway bar links but still have front end noise like something loose, not tightened
A few possibilities. It would be helpful to describe the sound. Is it a rattle, a clunk, a rap, high or low pitch (clap or thump), single sound or knocking ....

sway bar bushings, rubber blocks the swaybar runs through.

bad/stiff CV on the front drive shaft. From the Tcase to the differential.

Brake pads loose in caliper, missig spring clips.

........ what type of sound?

Old 01-23-2018, 08:16 AM
cfoote44

I just started experiencing this with my 2010 Dakota Magnum TRX4. For me, It's a single sound, intermittent as I drive. It doesn't seem to be associated with steering, but more with accelerating or decelerating, like something top heavy is "rocking" back and forth in the wheel well and clunking. steering, alignment, and overall handling seem to be fine. Just started experiencing this last night and this morning. This is my first truck, and I want to take good care of it, i just don't know where to start.

Quick Reply: Front end knocks