3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2008 or later with 6 speed manual... Do they exist?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 10:56 AM
daktwos
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I gots one in fer by fer.Don't thnk they are that rare but it is a basic stripper ST.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:24 AM
Erich Hoffmann
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have an 06 Dakota with the V8, 4WD, manual transmission and towing package. It took me a solid 4 months of searching before I found it and had to drive 80 miles to get it. As far as I know the manual transmission behind the V8 was only offered in the 06 and 07 models. A few years back I took the truck to the dealer to get a new key made and the person that made my key came and found me. He told me that he had been working at the dealership for 6+ years and this was only the 2nd time in his life that he had seen a truck like mine. In the past 5 years that I have had the truck I have had several people offer to buy the truck and everyone is surprised to see that it is an manual. If you do happen to get a hold of a manual V8 3RD Gen Dakota hold on to it because they are rare.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:28 AM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Erich Hoffmann
I currently have an 06 Dakota with the V8, 4WD, manual transmission and towing package. It took me a solid 4 months of searching before I found it and had to drive 80 miles to get it. As far as I know the manual transmission behind the V8 was only offered in the 06 and 07 models. A few years back I took the truck to the dealer to get a new key made and the person that made my key came and found me. He told me that he had been working at the dealership for 6+ years and this was only the 2nd time in his life that he had seen a truck like mine. In the past 5 years that I have had the truck I have had several people offer to buy the truck and everyone is surprised to see that it is an manual. If you do happen to get a hold of a manual V8 3RD Gen Dakota hold on to it because they are rare.
Love mine. 4door 4x V8 6mt. I bought a new 06 in 07. They told me it was one of two in the country set up like that. Luckily mine was patriot blue with the big rear end and the LSD too!

Quick Reply: 2008 or later with 6 speed manual... Do they exist?