3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Not sure if im in right place but I want a throttle body spacerr

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 06:07 AM
Mark O'Shields
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure if im in right place but I want a throttle body spacerr

I hear that they do nothing and others say it helps with take off. But I cant find one for my 2006 3.7 dakota. The few I do find they want way too much for me to jut try one out. Almost all are for 4.7 or hemi or else for the older pre 2004. Is there a reason for that? Is there a place on here where people sell used parts? Ive got a air raid cai I need to sell as well for the pre 2004...Can someone direct me to the right place

Old 06-03-2018, 08:22 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Waste of money on a port injected engine. Carbureted or if you are on spray, they can be useful. Save your money.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:50 PM
regg187
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ikeaton is right what they do is lengthen the inlet tract and speed up the air flow by being a little smaller than the passage. if its carbed then your speeding up the air fuel mixture which is good. if its injected into the cylinder ,all your doing is speeding up the air, which really does nothing. it can make a big difference on a small engine but really doesn't do much on a bigger engine. I do have one on my race quad gave it a little more torque.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:47 AM
daktwos
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want help with take off on your 3.7 try a fresh set of spark plugs and a good fuel system cleaner that contains a high percentage of detergent PEA (poly ether amine) as the active ingredient instead of the common naphtha solvents.This helps clean the valves,combustion chambers and pistons to make combustion more complete and efficient.Clean the throttle body and the maf or intake air temp sensor to smooth the idle and improve response.Gumout Regane ,Techron,BG44k,Red Line's SI-1,Amsoil Pi are some of the favorites out there.

Last edited by daktwos; 06-12-2018 at 02:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Not sure if im in right place but I want a throttle body spacerr