3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Glad to be apart of the forum! This is my first Dodge truck and need guidance/advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 07:32 AM
Garrett Miller
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glad to be apart of the forum! This is my first Dodge truck and need guidance/advice

I've looked at all the upgradeds and parts there is to look at but need help knowing what worth investing my money in I have a 2007 Dakota ext cab bought it from a dealership that used it as a service truck so has been well maintained also right behind the rear wheel on driver side was hit and crinkled up. Do I take it to body shop or get new bed ?also looked into maybe a flatbed. I'm wanting to put a lift on it but not sure which size to go with? Also looking for any upgraded but can't make my mind up on which one to make!

Old 07-09-2018, 07:33 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Please add what engine you have, The aftermarket support varies wildly based on the engine. Also, use the search function on this forum. There are literally tons of threads on modifying these vehicles.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:57 AM
Garrett Miller

My bad didn't realize I left that out 3.7 v6, when the dealership owned they had their name of the company down both sides and the truck is white so it's alot whiter where the decal was. Should I just rfind a good bed and repaint the cab ? I'm in my mid 20s so can use all the advice I can get. I want the truck to look top line cause the mileage is just over 125000. My father works for the company so I know the took good care of oit other than getting crinkled in the back

Old 07-09-2018, 08:01 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

If that is what concerns you most, then get it repainted. The 3.7 has limited aftermarket support. These trucks cannot be "lifted" cheaply. Best you can do is coil spring spacers (dont go over 2" if 4x4) for the front and helper springs/blocks for the rear. Not sure if a tuner is still offered for the 3.7. The 4.7 is a different story, best mod you can do is a tuner (superchips). As mentioned, aftermarket support is limited or non existent for these trucks. Most things are custom, homemade stuff. Like I said, search around the forum.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Garrett Miller

Okay thank you sir and it 2wd I figured the lift wouldn't be cheap found one close 700 but its 3 front and rear

Old 07-09-2018, 08:25 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Link that "lift" you found. There is no commercially available "suspension" lift for these trucks. If you have found one, we need to know. Spacers and lift blocks can be had for a couple hundred.

Quick Reply: Glad to be apart of the forum! This is my first Dodge truck and need guidance/advice