3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Radio/Power connection

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 11:27 AM
Dinomb1@gmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio/Power connection

I recently changed my factory stereo for an aftermarket in my 2007 'kota. I had to "live" wire to the radio, as the shutoff configuration is in the factory stereo itself. I have tried to source the delayed shutoff source in the power distribution panel, but couldn't find any slot that would power off after opening the door. What am I missing?

Old 09-16-2018, 06:10 PM
Hesselhoff
Rookie
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The original stereo was part of the canbus system. The computer would send it a digital signal to turn on and off. There is a plug and play module available that will allow it to operate the way you want it to. Check out Crutchfield.com for it. Keep in mind that the stereo is always on now and may result in a dead battery - had it happen to me a few times when I bought my truck.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:15 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

We do not have a delayed accessory power source available on our Dakotas. Which means when the key is turned off, the radio, windows, and everything else is cut off immediately from a power source. There is no delay to use anything until the door is opened. The power plug on the dash below the radio can be switched to either 'Always On' or 'Powers off when the Key is Off' mode, and can be tapped as a power source for your radio..

Quick Reply: Radio/Power connection