3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

HVAC Panel Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 07:16 AM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary's Pistol Grip
Thanks for the ongoing help, Hesselhoff!
I found quite a few ebay listings for my 2008 Dakota, though they all list bulb # T5/T4.7 instead of your number b8.4D. Though that number T5/T4.7 is also cross referenced to the 2006 Ram ads on ebay, just like you said.

So I guess I will order these unless you tell me they are wrong:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6x-Warm-White-T5-T4-7-Neo-Wedge-12mm-Base-A-C-Heater-Climate-Control-Light-Bulbs/262462615477?fits=Year%3A2008%7CModel%3ADakota%7CM ake%3ADodge&hash=item3d1bfdafb5:g:lBAAAOSw1WJZJ-Ua:rk:8f:0

Those look way closer to what I pulled out of mine! https://www.ebay.ca/itm/20PCS-12MM-W...item4d7b4597b2 ORDERED!

Old 12-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Gary's Pistol Grip
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, at the last minute I decided to go for the LED lights. I finally put them in tonight. The lamp bases seem to fit great but they do not light up. So I am going to try the OEM style bulbs in hopes that there is no problem with the circuit board in my HVAC controls.

Hey, @northgator8 did you really buy that package of 20 bulbs? If you don't really want that many I will offer to buy 3 of them from you. Please let me know.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Hesselhoff
Rookie
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Remember, led lights only work in one direction. Try turning them around to get them in the socket to get them to work.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Gary's Pistol Grip

I am not sure what you mean by turning them around. They seem to only go in one way. Being shaped like a coin, the light side can only go in pointed down into the hole. Then the only way to turn them around would be the direction which you twist them into the hole. Can you elaborate please?

Old 12-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Hesselhoff
Rookie

Remove it from the hole, rotate clockwise 180 degrees, put back in.

Old 12-03-2018, 07:04 AM
northgator8
All Star

Hey, @northgator8 did you really buy that package of 20 bulbs? If you don't really want that many I will offer to buy 3 of them from you. Please let me know.
Yes I ordered them, but they haven't dropped through the mail slot yet. I need the three for my panel, another 6 to re-lamp the two panels the I procured. And I will want to keep a few around just because. If you can't get your LEDs working, pm me and we can work something out.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:16 PM
northgator8
All Star

Originally Posted by northgator8
Yes I ordered them, but they haven't dropped through the mail slot yet. I need the three for my panel, another 6 to re-lamp the two panels the I procured. And I will want to keep a few around just because. If you can't get your LEDs working, pm me and we can work something out.
Well, as luck would have it, they dropped through the mail slot yesterday. And, again as luck would have it, they don't fit! They are too small in the diameter. The ones earlier in the post don't ship to Canuckistan.

We'll try again.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Gary's Pistol Grip
Default Eureka!

@Hesselhoff thanks for the tip about the polarity! I mean, what are the odds I would install all 3 of them bass ackwards? Ummm.... about 1 in 6, actually.

@northgator8 Sorry your lights didn't work. Seems I bought a ridiculous number of LED's. Got 20 of them but only needed 3. So I will offer to sell the extras to you. Only thing to consider is I got blue colored LEDs and as you'll see in the picture, it looks a little off in contrast to the greenish dashboard and radio. I still like it, so you might too.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:52 AM
Hesselhoff
Rookie

If you want some oem style filament bulbs, I have an extra set from when I replaced some. I ship from wannabe Texas in the great white north.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:06 AM
northgator8
All Star

@Hesselhoff thanks for the tip about the polarity! I mean, what are the odds I would install all 3 of them bass ackwards? Ummm.... about 1 in 6, actually.

@northgator8 Sorry your lights didn't work. Seems I bought a ridiculous number of LED's. Got 20 of them but only needed 3. So I will offer to sell the extras to you. Only thing to consider is I got blue colored LEDs and as you'll see in the picture, it looks a little off in contrast to the greenish dashboard and radio. I still like it, so you might too.
Thanks, appreciate the offer. FleeBay seller is promising to refund. I'm going for incandescent and will wait to see what they come up with.

Quick Reply: HVAC Panel Lights