3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

So I decided to replace my solenoid pack today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 07:27 PM
ramcharger499
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I decided to replace my solenoid pack today...

I messed up. I'm not a transmission guy .I admit this freely. Since receiving my 05 Dakota from my wife's uncle, it's just been sitting in my driveway .Trans problem. That's why it was "gifted" to me. I diagnosed it as a bad solenoid pack back in November . Finally got the new part at the house. Decided today was a great day to install it. Dropped the pan, pulled the filter and then all one million bolts holding the valve body in. As I pulled the valve body off, two accumulator Pistons dropped out. Just dropped. Plunk. Right into my pan of old transmission fluid. Pulled them and the springs out and set them aside, not without first noticing they were both scraped up pretty good. Should I replace them? Pulled old solenoid pack, installed the new one and went to put everything back together. Found this little *** yellow ball sitting on my board I was using to hold the bolts for the valve body and pan. Decided to look it up and it's a check ball. Now I have to pull it all back down and install new check *****. Fortunately, I didn't put the trans pan back on yet. I suppose my questions are: Does anybody know the locations of the check ***** and the bolts to put the valve body back on? Mine has both Torx bolts and the regular 10mm type. I just want to get this truck done and on the road. Any other advice is always welcome.

2005 Dakota
4x4

Quick Reply: So I decided to replace my solenoid pack today...