3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Spring Is Almost Here - Anybody Have Plans

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 08:29 AM
RicOshea
Rookie
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Spring Is Almost Here - Anybody Have Plans

So now that the 2019 spring is almost upon us what plans do our members have for their 3rd Gen Dakotas ...

I myself am looking at many mods and beautifications. Mostly I want to squeeze every bit of Hp I can out of the engine by swapping out the air intake manifold to an '08, maybe some shorty headers and better "Y" pipe and tune. For the appearance upgrades I'd like to swap out most of the interior to a later model. My Dakota came with light gray interior with cloth seats and although the interior is in great shape I would prefer black leather seats and interior. I also have a few body issues like a bent rear bumper and large dent in the front of the bed. After all is said and done maybe a re-spray (inferno red)

Old 03-11-2019, 11:26 AM
pilotsmack
Professional
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Some rust in a few places, probably take a couple days and use a wire brush, remove the rust, prime, paint the exterior. Etch and rubberize the underbody and frame.

Got lots of new hardware, just waiting on new Rancho shocks and struts.

Girlfriend and I are looking at buying a house this summer. Means purchasing a wheel balancer. And then seriously starting to contemplate a Hemi swap....

Old 03-14-2019, 06:56 AM
stetson
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rear bumper/rockslider build in a week or two.
then i gotta work out a new tcase shifter that is actually adjustable.
maybe finish wiring up all the lights and crap

Old 03-14-2019, 09:22 AM
ZEN357
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One Month to go - Gatlinburg, TN bound, up in the Smokey Mountains for a week. WooHoo!!!

Quick Reply: Spring Is Almost Here - Anybody Have Plans