3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2007 Dakota Transmission Buzz or Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 12:55 AM
bgan10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Dakota Transmission Buzz or Vibration

Hey All!Recently purchased a 2007 Dodge Dakota with 135000kms on it. It is the V8, 4x4 and has an Auto Transmission.

I have noticed a half second buzz or vibration or something in the Transmission when I go from Park to Reverse. It generally doesn't happen when cold, but seems to happen most when it warm right after starting it.So in the morning first starting it it doesn't happen. But if I drive it a bit, park turn it off for 5 mins then turn it on and go from Park to Reverse it happens. No other shifts do I hear anything.

I brought it into a Transmission shop and they weren't sure what it was, so they did some looking and ended up changing out the Shift Solenoid. Said it was an electrical buzz being caused by that. $1000 later and the noise it still happening after I got it home. Called the shop and they said to bring it back in and will credit the last amount towards other work. The shop said inside the Tranny was clean and looked good when they changed out the Solenoid. I figured I would ask on here to see if anyone had this experience or any ideas because shop hours of them trying to figure it out obviously aren't cheap.

I do notice a bit of a Clunk very far and few between when going into reverse. Overall though I haven't noticed any other oddities I don't believe.

Any thoughts or ideas at what could be the issue?

Thank you for your time and help!

Quick Reply: 2007 Dakota Transmission Buzz or Vibration