3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

My "New" 2007 Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 04:10 PM
Kenny Loehe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My "New" 2007 Dakota

New member here. I was forced to sell my beloved 2004 4x4 quad cab. I loved that truck, but due to rust issues and a high mileage motor, I needed to sell it and look for another one. But alas I could not find a decent '04. So I found and bought an '07 4x4 quad cab. I have to say, I don't really like it, but I think I will if I "personalize" it a bit. Right now it is pretty much bone stock. Factory steel wheels wrapped with factory size 245x70-16's. Here is what i want to do. I want to put some pro comp 16" wheels (-12 offset) with 265x75-16's. The calculator I am using says they will not fit my truck. I am assuming the issue would be with the front not the back. These trucks seem to ride low in the front. The top of my rear wheel well sits at 36" from the ground. The front is 2.5" lower. If I raised the front 2" do you think that would clear everything? Do you see any problems with my thinking on this? The guys at the tire store didn't seem to know what they were talking about.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:18 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

With a leveling kit up front, you could fit that tire on, with maybe some slight trimming, maybe not. But that -12 offset would definitely cause you to do the trimming. Stock offset is +25, so +18 offset would be ideal. You could make it work though, others have done it.

Quick Reply: My "New" 2007 Dakota