3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Crate N Go

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 01:10 PM
David Kalinowski
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crate N Go

I noticed in another thread this was something that came out on the 08s, and upon looking into, other than dodge ram logos, those are just collapsible plastic crates that look very similar to the stuff that produce is shipped in at Walmart..so i have not measured the spots under the seats, but something like this
 collapsible crate collapsible crate
would be ideal to replace them with. I have an 05, I am assuming the space would be the same.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:50 PM
pierrejoly
Veteran
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

there were actually two different ones. I no longer have my Dakota so i can't go and measure the spots. but i remember not being able to find collapsible crates that fit the way the Crate N Go did. So i kept ratchet straps and my two receivers with different sized ***** on the drivers side and a small tool kit/emergency kit/first aid kit on the passenger side.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:19 AM
philipat
Veteran
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

I have several collapsible crates from that same company. They are different crates than the link and were both available at Home Depot and Sam's Club a few months ago. They do not fit in either spot. The 08-11s have tabs under the seat that locked the crates in place whether collapsed or open. Those tabs don't fit on any other crate that I've found and they seem to have unique sizing.

Finding the Dodge crates seems impossible. So, I use that space to hold my jumper cables and a couple of beach towels for when I get caught in the rain or need to throw out seat cover.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:02 AM
rodslinger
Veteran
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I have them in my 2011 and love them. I use them all the time. This really should be a feature on all trucks.

Quick Reply: Crate N Go