3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

stalls when in reverse and drive

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 06:24 PM
Frank Kestner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stalls when in reverse and drive

truck will run fine when in park around 700 rpm's when I put in reverse or drive the rpm's will drop and wants to stall, I cleaned the mass airflow sensor double checked all the connections, but still having the same problem. should i take to local auto parts store and have them check

thx

Old 08-15-2019, 08:14 PM
rodslinger
Veteran
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

While at idle and in park, do the RPM's drop when you turn the AC on or does it hold. If you turn the steering wheel full to full lock and load the power steering do the RPM's drop or hold?

Old 08-19-2019, 10:05 AM
Frank Kestner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the RPM's hold while doing both

Old 08-24-2019, 09:15 PM
djsilverjohnson
Rookie
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Does the truck "jerk" when you put it in gear? Mine did that and it turned out to be a transmission problem. The lockup clutch in the torque converter started disintegrating and contaminated the fluid. It would allow for the pressure release and would act like I was putting a manual transmission in gear without using the clutch. If I came to a quick stock it would act like I was stopping a manual truck in gear without releasing the clutch.

Quick Reply: stalls when in reverse and drive