3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

05 Dakota security

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 10:23 PM
Radarmtn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Dakota security

Can someone tell me if the 05 Dakota has a separate module for the anti theft and SKIM key?

Old 08-16-2020, 06:28 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

everything is built into one key

Old 08-16-2020, 05:35 PM
Radarmtn

I was driving my truck one day, I stopped at a store and when I got back in the truck to leave it started and shut off a couple of times. I had it towed to my shop and started digging on it. Scan tool said "skim key invalid ". My Dodge dealer told me I had a bad SKIM module and the factory that made them was shut down due to COVID19. I found a company that said they could go into the PCM and disabled them skim module and I could crank the truck without the module. They said remove the module and discard it and send them the PCM. When I got it back, plugged in in and the truck cranked right up. The next day I was driving it and the security light on the dash started flashing. When I got out of the truck I realized all the lights were flashing and the only way to get them to stop was disconnect the battery. But now as soon as I crank the truck they start back.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:56 PM
Mdjuggalo313
Default Lights flashing 01 dakota

I have a 01 dakota i just bought. The lady had the battery disconnected bec ALL the lights would flash, all the exterior lights the dash lights even the radio display. I have been looking but have figured out the solution. Some one help please.

Old 04-15-2021, 12:38 AM
pilotsmack
Professional
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Start a new thread.

Old 07-12-2021, 09:19 AM
Clay Freitas

Originally Posted by Radarmtn
I was driving my truck one day, I stopped at a store and when I got back in the truck to leave it started and shut off a couple of times. I had it towed to my shop and started digging on it. Scan tool said "skim key invalid ". My Dodge dealer told me I had a bad SKIM module and the factory that made them was shut down due to COVID19. I found a company that said they could go into the PCM and disabled them skim module and I could crank the truck without the module. They said remove the module and discard it and send them the PCM. When I got it back, plugged in in and the truck cranked right up. The next day I was driving it and the security light on the dash started flashing. When I got out of the truck I realized all the lights were flashing and the only way to get them to stop was disconnect the battery. But now as soon as I crank the truck they start back.
I have been dealing with this same problem for over a year now. The good news is after about 3 months the alarm resets itself. That is unless you want to lock the doors as that will re arm the alarm. If anyone has a solution to this issue, I would appreciate it more than words can express

Quick Reply: 05 Dakota security