3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Stalling with no codes.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 11:36 AM
RthrDent
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling with no codes.

Hi y'all.
I'm hoping someone can help me out with this head scratcher. Five years ago I developed this random stall with no codes. I paid for an online Dodge tech who told me the only thing that can cause this is a bad PCM. I replaced the pcm and problem solved. Fast forward to now and I have the same issue but this time a new PCM didn't fix it. The best way to describe what's happening is to imagine a non OBD vehicle with say a bad connection at the coil. It's like the ignition just dies. The truck will always restart, sometimes on the first try and sometimes it takes 5 or 6 attempts before it will start and stay running. There is no hard pattern to the stalls but it seems to do it more often when coming to a stop or at tip-in. I've mostly ruled out a fuel issue, new fuel pump and switched relays. Also replaced IAC and TPS. I'm thinking it's a bad connection somewhere maybe. Has anyone ever solved this issue? Truck is an 05 quad SLT, 4.7 and 6 speed manual. Thank you!

Old 10-06-2021, 05:09 PM
pilotsmack
Professional
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Quite possibly either a bad connection on your battery, or a bad ground somewhere.

Old 10-07-2021, 01:30 AM
KristenG
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had that kind of problem when my battery was going bad. It seemed to stall at every stop sign unless I kept my foot on the gas and kept the RPM's up. It all disappeared with a new battery. This may not even be related to your problem. If your battery is old it is worth a look.

Old 10-17-2021, 12:47 PM
hidden1
Captain
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Wont hurt to check grounds an the ASR -auto shutdown relay -switch out .with same.Also fuel Injector test is another one worth checking .
Did you use oem sensors? These trucks hate off market brands !

Last edited by hidden1; 10-17-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Stalling with no codes.