3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Hello everybody!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 03:55 PM
Dakummins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everybody!!

Hey guys so I bought this 2005 Dakota Laramie heated leather seats has 200000kms on 4.7l I have bought this truck for 600$ ( good deal right lol) bought it cause has a brand new set of tires and if all else fails I can sell them to recoup my money but want to use this truck for my hunting wagon. Only issue with truck at the time was power steering pump failure ( odd right &#128514. Everything came with the truck to repair it pump, belt lines etc… changed it all out fired up truck and lo and behold the thing actually runs well needs Manifold gaskets as they leak, muffler is rotted through no biggie!! Came with new exhaust system as well haha. Only few things I found was the airbag light stays on, factory alarm system blares goes off every time I lock doors and open from outside. so I done some looking around and it seems somebody has cut and soldered some wires.. they guy I bought it from won’t give me any info on truck ( probably because most of it is his not so handy work) which is fine just have to kind of go through it figure it out and make it good some of the soldering looks good so I’m not sure if some is from factory or not maybe you guys know better as I’ve never owned one of these gems before!! I’ll add some pics below you can tell me what you think or where these should go? Also there was a random wire soldered to cylinder 1 coil? Supposed to be there or no? I wouldn’t think so it was ran into the cab maybe used for something else? Also what is the best service manual for these with wiring diagrams and all as I will probably need one in the near future!! Thanks for any input fellas

The whit and green wire hooks up to brake switch but goes nowhere was dead ended?

This is the mess of soldered wires?

This black wire was wrapped around ignition where key goes but neither end goes to anything?

There is this random red/white wire spliced into pink/whit not sure why? And then has a cut yellow wire?

This green and black wire was connected to #1 coil ram into cab but went nowhere?

This is just another photo of chopped wires not sure if they go somewhere or just here for looks lol this connects to the ignition module on side of steering column just fyi

Last edited by Dakummins; 04-02-2023 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:12 PM
Dakummins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So was pondering last night I assume all those cut off wires were due to an aftermarket starter but they left all the wires bare ended no wonder fuses were blowing!! Still not sure why the one is going to the coil on #1 and the wire wrapped around the ignition itself what would that be for

Old 04-03-2023, 10:58 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Not sure what that previous owner did to that truck, sounds like you surely have your hands full though. Hopefully you can sort it all out, the 2005 Dodge Dakota Factory Service Manual is your best source for information, and you can download it free from THIS THREAD, the download is in post # 20 of the thread.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Hello everybody!!