3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2008 Dakota TRX4 Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2023, 06:05 PM
ropeguru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dakota TRX4 Wiring Diagram

Anyone know where I can get one? Specifically looking for the transfer case motor. Mine was working intermittently and giving a C140B code of low return signal voltage. I have seen this could be the TPIM, but upon pulling the fuse block housing out, I see a few chaffed wires and need to figure out if they are from the transfer case motor or something else. So I guess I really a more expansive diagram is they aren't part of the transfer case motor.

Old 09-20-2023, 06:23 PM
ropeguru

Well, I would still like to get one but have the transfer case issue fixed..

Decided to crawl back up under the vehicle again to check wiring and noticed that after I pulled the connector, one of the wires and pin had backed out of the connector. Finally got it seated back and everything is working great now..

Still have the chaffed wires to deal with..

Old 09-21-2023, 03:11 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

You gotta love when the fix is that easy.

Old 09-21-2023, 03:13 PM
ropeguru

Agreed.. But I think it was an intermittent connection on that same wire which made me buy a whole new transfer case motor which I already installed.. Will probably just leave it at this point and keep the old one as a spare.

Old 09-24-2023, 06:04 AM
philipat
Veteran
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

You used to be able to buy them from Mopar at techauthority.com. But, they seem to have changed the webpage and locked it out with a password. Other than that, you'd have to search online. I think they were still making paper copies of the service and wiring manuals in 2008. So, you can probably find some for sale.

Quick Reply: 2008 Dakota TRX4 Wiring Diagram