3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Remote start not working after taking in truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2023 | 02:40 PM
Crobsauce
|
Default Remote start not working after taking in truck

I took my 06 Dakota into Dodge dealership to have recalls fixed on my airbags my battery was disconnected while working on it. Upon picking up the truck my factory remote start no longer works and has worked first try every time before They are trying to tell me it is a coincidence and will not be fixing it for me for free and that I will have to make an appointment for several weeks from now. Any ideas? There is no check engine light on.

Last edited by Crobsauce; 10-05-2023 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2023 | 09:29 PM
Hesselhoff
Professional

There should be a plunger switch on the driver side near the firewall. That is so the remote start does not work when the hood is open to prevent injury. That would be the first thing I would check.

Old 10-07-2023 | 03:33 PM
Crobsauce
|

Originally Posted by Hesselhoff
There should be a plunger switch on the driver side near the firewall. That is so the remote start does not work when the hood is open to prevent injury. That would be the first thing I would check.
took it back to the shop yesterday and they thought it was a issue with the connection with the fob but pretty sure it’s already linked, When you say firewall, where exactly would that be?

Old 10-07-2023 | 03:43 PM
Hesselhoff
Professional

The barrier between the engine bay tand the cab.

Quick Reply: Remote start not working after taking in truck