3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Front 1.5" coil spacer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2024, 05:15 PM
Jersey13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front 1.5" coil spacer?

Hey all. Long time lurker, 1st post. Thanks for all the info shared on this site, have learned a bunch.

I've recently inherited a 2005 quad cab SLT 4x4 from my neighbor that unfortunately passed recently. Truck is in beautiful condition, around 90k miles. He basically used it only around town and for plowing our driveways. I've always noticed the rake on this truck and just figured it was because the plow had weakened the front springs over the years but after reading 100's of posts here, I now know it's how these Dakota's were set up from the factory. I'd like to lift the front up about 1.5" with a spring spacer that would 1, level it out a bit and 2, increase the spring rate which would help when the plow's attached over the winter. I'm aware that Daystar and a few others offer the 2" spacers that install above the strut mount but from all that I've read, the Trailmaster spacer that installs inside the strut, on top of the spring, is the best option and would accomplish what I want. Problem is, I can't find these TM spacers anywhere. I did read in one post that they stopped making them. True? If so, can someone point me to another spacer that will work or, has someone come up with a different spring or compete strut assembly that works with the Dakota's that levels these trucks out? Anyone have a set of these TM spacers they'd like to sell?

Any help is appreciated and sorry for another "leveling" post. It seems this subject is beat to death and now I'm adding to that beating in my 1st post! Ha.

Thanks and great site,
Jersey

Old 07-24-2024, 06:12 PM
RicOshea
Rookie
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Monroe front strut assembly, install them ... they will level the truck. Did for me. Just remember to torque bolts while truck is on the ground with full weight on the front end. Adding spacer may mess with the suspension geometry.

Old 07-25-2024, 09:39 AM
Jersey13

Exactly what I was afraid of with any kind of spacer, from all that I've read here. I'll go with the Monroes, thanks Ric.

Jersey

Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
.:Chainman:.
Amateur

I put spacers in mine back when she was nearly new. I've never had any issues, on the street nor off-roading.

Quick Reply: Front 1.5" coil spacer?