3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

My Dak Lease experience.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 01:56 PM
shaggyboiler
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Dak Lease experience.

I thought I'd give you guys my Dakota leasing experience. I love my truck, but damn was it a pain in the a$$ to actually get.

I went in on a weekday to test drive a used Dak QC. Didn't like it was really tore up. So I asked about the leasing speacials on a new Dak. Well they had one 05 left in stock and said they could give me a good deal on it. He ran the numbers quickly and came back at a lease of $285 a month for 15k miles a year. I was like cool lets do it. In the mean time they gave me the Dak to drive home and let the wife approve. Now I'm also trading in a GMC Sonoma 4x4 3 door. So I was a little worried about that cause they hadn't really talked abou it yet. KBB said it was worth $7400.

The next day I go in. They said they had good news. They looked at my trade, and said with it and the rebates I was going to get the lease for $265 a month. I'm like very cool. with 15k a year miles. They gave me the new truck at invoice minus, $5500 in rebates, and gave me $9000 for my truck. I signed all the papers and drove away in my Dak.

Two days later I get a call from the dealer. Guess what. They messed up the lease. They needed me to come back in and sign new papers. Come to find out the price was going to be just over $300 for 15k miles. What they did was give me a rebate that wasn't valid and had the wrong interest rate for the lease. So I was a little upset. Said I wouldn't do it. A week went by. I get another call and said I had to come in. I said no and that I was talking with a lawyer (which I was) on my rights. I had signed papers and the title to the truck to take to the license branch. Well Lawyer said I could fight it but wasn't sure it would be worth it in the long run. So I told the dealer ship never mind, if they couldn't get it at the $265 a month then I'd bring they keys back and I wanted my old truck back. Well they didn't budge.

Next morning I walk in the dealer ship, handed them they keys asked for my keys and deposit back. Guess what, they got it. Came down to the $265 a month lease. What they had to end up doing was give me $11,500 or so for my truck so that I'd get the value down on the new truck. At the end of the 39month lease buy out of the truck will be just over $14k. (I'll be buying it then). So I ended up leasing a truck for around $21k after you figure the deals. MSRP on the truck was $32

It was a pain but I'm so happy with the truck.

Old 01-20-2006, 02:19 PM
snobrdrdan
Captain
Default RE: My Dak Lease experience.

You went thru hell to get it, but you'll like the Dakota

And in the end it was worth it, because you got a killer deal on it
good job man

Old 01-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran
Default RE: My Dak Lease experience.

Congrats on the wheels I wish you the best w/ it.

Blu_

Quick Reply: My Dak Lease experience.