3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Throttle Body Spacer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 04:27 PM
ssenay
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body Spacer?

ANyone have one of these? (if available for the new dakota, no idea) . If so what does it actually do to increase power? does it work? warranty problems?

Old 01-23-2006, 03:23 AM
Trest
Rookie
Default RE: Throttle Body Spacer?

I know they were worthless on the 3.9s in the past. And Something only voids warranty if its been proven to cause harm. I dont see a TBS causing any harm to the engine.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:19 PM
snobrdrdan
Captain

Heli-X makes one it looks like & you can get it at www.rpmoutlet.com

Pretty much a joke and a waste of time
Works better on carbeurated cars....not on fuel injected cars is what I remember reading a LONG time ago, I think

If you're seriously thinking about getting one of these.....you should probably also take a look at the Tornado....lol

j/k

Old 02-04-2006, 08:56 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I've been told, the TBS doesn't do jack but make a good paper weight. I've also been told to stay away from the Tornado as far as spending money.

Old 02-04-2006, 10:42 PM
kdh97602
Professional

tornado=bad - a peice of one broke off and ruined the engine in my last truck - they said that it was not their fault for a number of reasons.... back to the tb spacer question

tb spacers are for incersing the volume of the intake plenum - just a little - enough to modify the hp and torque curves. they are used effectively to restore low end power in vehicles with free flowing exhaust (like on my truck).

Old 02-05-2006, 03:26 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain

ORIGINAL: snobrdrdan

If you're seriously thinking about getting one of these.....you should probably also take a look at the Tornado....lol
The Tornado comment was a joke

Just saying that the TB spacer, like DakotaStone said, is just an expensive paperweight and doesn't do anything, & neither does the Tornado

Just that if he wanted to waste money on the TB Spacer.....might as well waste some more money on the P.O.S. Tornado...LOL

Old 02-05-2006, 04:07 PM
JaredGMS

Actually, on hot running engines TBS's can be really good. I used to own an Acura 3.2CL....that V6 runs really hot, and the throttle body therefore runs hot, which increases the temp of the incoming air charge.....using a throttle body and intake spacer gave usually 6-9bhp, more on forced induction vehicles....

It all depends on the engine...sometimes they are good, sometimes (as said before) they are paperweights

Jared

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacer?