3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

No storage-Any Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:35 PM
sawfish
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No storage-Any Suggestions

So far, I have 1500 miles on my 2005 QC 4x4. I am pretty happy with the truck, but there are a couple of minor annoyances that would make me think twice when I get ready to buy another truck.

First-Little, or no, storage space in the cab. I am not sure why Dodge molded the floorpan of the vehicle like it did, (and I have not removed the skidplates to see) but it seems that a lot of potential storage space under the rear seat was wasted. I am sure it was to eliminate the need for rear seat legs, but if that is the case, it would have been very handy if Dodge had added tool/storage boxes in the floor under the seat (like the old GM panel trucks). I am thinking that if I cut the floor pan, and added them myself that I might have warranty problems. I would have also preferred a back seat arrangement that folded to make a flat floor. Any suggestions?

Second-What rocket scientist placed the coat hooks where garments would obscure what little vision remained with the Volvo-esque head restraints. With the one piece headliner, I do not think side coat hooks can be added. I am moving from a Bronco II to the Dak QC, and am surprised how much less storage space there in the seating areas. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2006, 08:54 PM
snobrdrdan
Captain
Default RE: No storage-Any Suggestions

Well they probably did it to be like the Dodge Rams, but it's far from it since the Ram has lots of storage underneath the seat.

The previous Gen. of Quad Cabs didn't have as big a lip on them though:

Old 01-26-2006, 12:23 AM
Drakkon
Professional
Default RE: No storage-Any Suggestions

what about a truckbox in the rear?
mine has a space for the jack that looks like it could be cut out and modified if you were really ambitious. So long as the truck as yours any cuts like that wouldn't void the warranty, unless they can somehow prove you removing metal caused whatever went bad to go bad

Quick Reply: No storage-Any Suggestions