3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New 2005 Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 04:59 AM
Iredvette
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2005 Dakota

Hello everybody,
I guess I am the new kid on the block. Just bought a new 2005, SLT Dak. When purchased last Friday, 1/27, it only had 17 miles on it. It is a 4.7L non HO, 5 speed auto-trans. It also has chrome front and rear bumpers and bug guard and chrome side rails and chrome steps, no leather inside this time. I sure do like it.
Now for some good stuff. My wife and I drove it over the weekend, and kept it within the break in guidelines. After having been caught up in the moment, we really did not notice a vibration, but when we did it amplified at higher speeds, that is when we really took note of the problem. After reading numerous posts about vibrations, we decided we were not alone and that it was our turn now. Off to the dealer we go, leaving the truck overnight. Picking it up the next day, the dealer said they did a force test and ordered three new tires. One out of the four was in spec. I sure hope our problems will end with the new tires. By the way they are mounted on the chrome clad 17x 8.0 wheel. Just thought I would share my experience with everyone, and will keep you posted as to my problem.

Old 02-04-2006, 08:54 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New 2005 Dakota

Welcome to DF and congrats on the new truck. Don't get discouraged with the vibrations of the truck. Once that's fixed, you won't have any problems with it. I own my second Dak and I've been very very happy with both of them.

You'll find a lot of good people on this site. Good information too.

Take it easy.

Quick Reply: New 2005 Dakota