3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 06:48 PM
livinloud22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

Hey, my boyfriend just bought an 05 Dodge Dakota 4.7 litre and being a wonderous girlfriend that i am i've made it my duty to turn the thing into something that could possibly run against my car. However, i own a turbo GTI and know nothing about trucks/american cars in general. I've done some searching about and few of the brand names i'm used to show up in domestic tuning as well as euro, so i'm starting from square one trying to figure good brands finding reviews and whatnot. Also, i've noticed that most of the items i come across are for MKII Dakotas rather than for his engine type and year. As of right now, his car is bone stock. I'm trying to figure out good brands for intake, exhaust, etc and websites to go to fetch them from. Any information would be lovely.......thx!

~Leia.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:11 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help!!!

Well, you've come to the right place. Check with Air Raid, K&N, STS TURBO, KRC PERFORMANCE, THE FASTMAN, DAKOTA-DURANGO.COM, and I think SO-CALDakota.com, GIBSON EXHAUST.COM, Borla, Magnaflow, etc,.

STS TURBO will actually customize their system to his truck. KRC Performance is one of your best bets. They deal only with Dodge trucks, especially the 4.7L.

Good luck.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:19 PM
livinloud22

thank you, i'll def look into them.

Old 02-16-2006, 03:12 AM
shocker88240
Professional

wow, i never knew about the STS Turbo....im gonna get one....someday