3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Making custom center bezel...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 02:05 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Making custom center bezel...

So, I got my truck the other day, as most know, and I hate factory music. So, I had to order a harness for the CD player I'm putting in, so I got til Thursday or Friday before I get that.

WELL, while I am waiting for the harness to come in, I thought that the silver and black arrowed center bezel, with the black head unit adaptor looked REALLY GAY, and I don't like it a whole lot. So what I have decided to do is make a custom dash console. And by this what I am doing is, bondoing the adaptor into the console, then molding my satellite radio mount that I made into the dash as well... and painting it a glossy black.

I think and hope that this will turn out awesome!

I'd like to hear all your thoughts, and I'll get pics up as well!

Old 03-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Default RE: Making custom center bezel...

Ok, so I got it all finished finally.... and I got pics.

[IMG]local://upfiles/768/FA21FA38E621420A878CE1990945A1EF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/768/E91228B164F54973BB8DE34F361F9EBD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/768/E709B22F0D3941A085720E32AE2123F2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Trest
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets see it in already. Came out nice, thats a tricky task i wouldnt go near.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Frenchy
Banned

I gotta wait til I get my RCA cables to put the thing in... so that way I don't have to take it back out. lol

Old 03-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Drakkon
Professional

wow that turned out nice...i had my doubts but looks really clean. Definately want to see what it looks like once its in.

Old 03-11-2006, 01:33 AM
Frenchy
Banned

LOL... I don't f*ck around tho... haha... took my time on this... I may have to redo it in a while tho... it's not very secure... I may lay some fiberglass over it,and make it a more permanent thing. It's on there really well right now... but I never glassed it... so the guy who painted it said, as long as I'm REALLY careful with it... I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

If it does fall apart tho, I'm just gonna pop a few holes in the bezel, and rough up the surface a lot more, bondo it, then ley the fiberglass over it. Then have it repainted.

I like how I got my satellite mount there... so far only seeing one problem... The CD tray may not open with it there, but thats totally alright, cuz I never use CD's anyway... iPod, Sirius, or FM only...

And thanks guys. It only cost 40 bux to have it painted... and he fixed up my bondo job... he said I did a hellova job on it tho. He's just worried it's going to crack, so he didn't charge me labor. Just cost of materials.

Old 03-11-2006, 02:11 PM
stantheman
Professional

It may crack later on from sittin in the sun all day. very good lookin job though. As long as you prepped the bezel well enough you might not have too many problems out of it, Just be careful putting it in, you wont want to bend it, the bondo might try to seperate.

Quick Reply: Making custom center bezel...