3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Steering Wheel Audio Controls

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 08:22 PM
turfgrass
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Audio Controls

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but when I first get into my truck for the first few minutes before the cab is warm when I use the volume up on the steering wheel it actually turns it down, sometimes it will jump up and down while using up, but this goes away after the cab warms up. Any ideas?

Its not that big of a deal but its annoying.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:47 AM
bearkat
Default RE: Steering Wheel Audio Controls

mine has static sound (white noise) with music until the truck warms up...dont know why and dont know what to do except wait for the warmth...good luck. If you come up with anything please post.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Glk21C
Professional

mines been doing the exact same thing since 0 miles as turfgrass described. just had it to the dealer last week, they were hoping the CNN recall would have fixed it. Nope. They replaced a clock spring in the steering column, thought that was it, found out this weekend since I had it back, nope. They did replace the audio toggle switch on the steering wheel too, nothing.

Going to call them today and let them do some more research, it really has them baffled. I'm haapy to hear I am not alone on this but it's too bad there are others having this annoyance too. When they finally figure out the fix, I will post it here. Please do the same. Thanks

Old 04-07-2006, 11:56 PM
turfgrass
Professional

GLK21C did you find anything out from your dealership? I keep forgetting to ask mine about it!

Old 04-08-2006, 03:14 AM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No probs with mine. I'd take it to the dealership for sure.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Glk21C
Professional

it has been back at the dealership for that and a few other minor whacky electrical issues I have posted on this forum before. Been there all week again, Chrysler has told them to replace the gauge cluster in the dashboard, waiting for it to come in. we'll see. Really got the dealer stumped

Old 04-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Glk21C
Professional

UPDATE

After two weeks at the dealer the weird electrical problems (steering wheel audio control not working correctly when cold, radio volume going down by itself, headlights flashing on intermittently and wipers turning on by themselves intermittently) appear to be gone. I picked it up yesterday afternoon. Hoping (fingers crossed) the headlights and wipers don't act up again as I thought they were both gone after the CCN module re-program recall was performed. They came back a few days later. The radio stuff is definetly working OK. Here is what they did per the direction of Chrysler 5-star support:

recall for reprogramming of CCN module (this happened before this two week stint)
replace a clock spring in the steering column (again, this was last visit)
Replace gauge cluster

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Audio Controls