3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

engine light off...But yet another problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Zen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine light off...But yet another problem

That engine light problem seemed to fix itself. I took it to Auto Zone, they hooked it up to a obc reader and the code was u1120, which the guy said ment, see manual. So I read the manual but could'nt find that code anywhere, except that my truck has 17980 miles on it, and the only thing I did find is the light comes on at 18000 miles for scheduled maintenence. Still doe'nt explain the horn blaring, lights blinking, and idiot lights comming on, but thier all off now, even the engine light, so I'm just gonna keep an eye on it.

Alright problem #2(or not a problem). Today I picked up 360lbs of play sand for my little girl's sandbox. The sandbox is around the back of my house. I put it in 4wheel so I would'nt rip up the lawn. This is where the problem lies. I tried to back up to my patio, which is up a maybe 40-45 degree grade for 100-125 feet. As soon as the truck got about an 8th of the way up the grade it stopped, and it felt like the emergency brake was on, the rpms were about 2000 and it just did'nt want to go any more. So I turned around and went up forwards in 4wheel no problem. I unloaded the sand and tried to go up different ways. Straight up in 2wheel was fine untill the wheels started spinning. 4wheel low backed and went foward like a rocket(That low 4wheel gear is a real neck snapper). But yet when I backed up in 4 wheel high it couldnt make it up an 8th of the way, not only on this grade but others as well. Is this normal? My last truck was a GMC 2500HD with a big 6L engine, maybe it spoiled me. I failed to tell you My Dak is a 6, 3.7L. It has the normal gearing, I dont have the optional ones. It does have a tow package, which I dont understand, because I really dont think it could tow that much. Is it because I was on grass? I'm reaching here. Or is that the way it just is? I'm really bad with measurements, so the grade and length can be a little more or less.?Should I have the dealer look at it, so they can tell me its normal? What do you guys think?

l

Old 04-03-2006, 02:17 AM
kdh97602
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine light off...But yet another problem

code u1120 - Loss of Serial Communications for Class 2 Devices
because the stock alarm interfaces with the ECU - a voltage drop could cause a momentary loss of comunications betwene the alarm and the ecu - causing the alarm to go off and throwing a code. solution, check your batt - if all good, blame the gremlins.

backing up the hill - ??? - could be a govenor to limit the acceleration in reverse in 4x4?

Quick Reply: engine light off...But yet another problem