3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Possible manufacturing defect?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possible manufacturing defect?

So I was sitting in the marketplace yesterday eating dinner, and my friend comes up to me and says, "Joe, I gotta talk to you man, me and Brian were walking to get dinner, and we heard this sound, it sounded like the sound you get when snow falls off the bottom of the vehicle and hits the ground. Well Bri and I looked up to watch your window just shatter."

"Ian, are you kidding me man?"
"I wish I was dawg. Come with me and I'll show you."
"Alright, let's go."

So we go to the truck to see the front passenger window in about a thousand little hexagon shaped pieces. I opened the drivers door to see if there was anything that went through, but to no luck did I see anything. There was no signs of it getting hit by anything, however, there was about a 2x3 inch rectangle where you could see where it started to spider out. I wasn't overly upset however, I know my insurance guy will take care of me ASAP.

So, there is my story. but

Old 04-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Drakkon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Possible manufacturing defect?

Did it go through a heat/cooling cycle real fast? I know here in AZ all it can take is the smallest crack and a day in the sun (albeit 110+ and running the AC for hours inside) and u can have a shatterd window but i've never heard of anything just randomly breaking like that without some sort of starting crack.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Frenchy
Banned

Nah man, it was like 45 degrees all day. I can't figure out what the hell happened, showed no sign of anyone attempting to break it.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:19 PM
shocker88240
Professional

just FYI....some idiots take the white ceramic stuff off of sparkplugs and use a slingshot to shoot it at windows.....the outcome...your whole window spiderwebs and shatters....

its fun do to if you ever have any glass laying around...

so yeah, look for a little white piece of ceramic stuff....it doesnt take a big piece to do this either

Old 04-25-2006, 04:27 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain

that's F*CKED UP man!

Hope you get it fixed ASAP!

I was probably more pissed off when my radar detector (and only my radar detector) got stolen a couple days after I just put my stereo in my truck back in October/November. I had just moved into these apartments too & had only been here a month or so at the most.

They left the iPod & the Alpine HU & all my other crap and ONLY took my Bel Vector 940

I was soooooo pissed

Old 04-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Frenchy
Banned

It's all fixed now. They did a really good job too, and, and, AND, they cleaned out all the glass inside the truck too!

Quick Reply: Possible manufacturing defect?