3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Important!! Brake Service Advisor

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 04:24 PM
dots0019
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Important!! Brake Service Advisor

If anyone has a new 06 or 05 dakota and are having problems with the brakes, i.e. squeking, rotor problems etc etc. Go in and get the truck checked at the dealer, there is a service advisor out, TSB 05-002-06. I just had my rear brakes completly replaced, they resurfaced the rotors and then a few days later they replaced the entire front brake system, pads and rotors. My 05 SLT only has 10,500 miles on it!!!! The initial warrant is for only the first 12,000. Be careful out there, they wont replace the brakes unless u describe the exact problems, brakes squeaking, vibration when braking etc etc

Old 05-18-2006, 05:21 PM
sdsdsd
Captain
Default RE: Important!! Brake Service Advisor

I have an 05 quad, 4.7 ,3:92 gears. Had all brakes drums and rotors replaced @ 5,400 miles. The issue was vibration at high speeds upon hard braking. The problem went away, but for how long ?

Old 05-19-2006, 03:37 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the only trouble with my brakes is when i am power braking to light up both rear tires. leave a lot of smoke and two very nice posi strips other than that i will check with my local dealer to see what s up

Old 05-19-2006, 04:03 PM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional

Looks like a trip to the dealer is in order. Over the last week I noticed the front brakes squeaking at all braking speeds and rearend vibration when braking at freeway speeds. My 05 QC has around 22,500 on it and I don't ride the brakes! Just had the instrument cluster replaced 2 weeks ago.

TASTE THE HEAT AND ENJOY THE PAIN

Old 05-22-2006, 09:28 AM
sdsdsd
Captain

Why did you have the instrument cluster replaced?

Old 05-22-2006, 04:07 PM
igneous
Amateur

I had my instrument cluster replaced as well, the dealer said the solder on the board inside was crappy. The only thing wrong with it was that it wouldn't light up when I had my lights on. Kinda sucked driving at night.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:41 AM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional

Constant air bag light. Tech said it was a bad solder joint. On the brake issue- dealer said rear shoe kits need to be replaced at a cost too me of $228 plus labor as the brakes are out of warranty. Never said anything about the front brake squeak. Told him too bite me. I'm not putting OEM **** back on there and how rediculous it is to have to replace brakes @ 23,000 miles. Rear brakes at that. Could see the front brakes if I was beating the hell out of them! A tech friend told me this morning all that needs to be done is too turn the drums and rotors which he will later this week after hours. He blamed most of the issues on the parts being manufactured in either Canada or Mexico. All I need is for this stuff too last another 6 months then I will replace the brakes with after market parts. Can't afford new rotors and drums right now.

TASTE THE HEAT AND ENJOY THE PAIN

Quick Reply: Important!! Brake Service Advisor