DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Dakota (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota-68/)
-   -   howdy/center dash trim (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota/62350-howdy-center-dash-trim.html)

SRT4x4 06-16-2006 01:27 PM

howdy/center dash trim

Howdy, I'm a noob round these parts. Just picked up a 2005 Dakota SLT 4.7 4x4 off a lease return for a smokin deal. At any rate.. I was hoping I would find a site like this because in the past the other sites I have found for other vehicles I have owned have been more than helpful and have saved me buckoos of loot.

Ok, so there are like only two things about the interior of my truck that I would change. (I must ASAP, this is driving me nuts) The fake woodgrain center of the dash trim piece, I would like to scrap it. I would like the brushed silver, (laramie) like the surround of my speedo cluster. Anyone know where to get one other than Dodge Parts department? ($130!!! WTF!!!!) Time to paint, I think. I am not beyond doing that but cannot find a part number. Also would like the laramie brushed silver door handles. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, I look forward to fully (finally) converting to MOPAR. (I had 04 SRT-4)

Later,

Kenbob

Frenchy 06-16-2006 02:59 PM

RE: howdy/center dash trim

I don't know where to get one, but I would be willin to buy that woodgrain one off you if you find another one! :-) I had the C/F look one, and painted mine. Look at my cardomain link, and see what I did. I am scrapping that idea, and need a new trim piece, but like yourself, I don't wanna pay an arm and a leg for a new one that I'm just going to change anyways.

Get back at me.

SRT4x4 06-16-2006 03:08 PM

The woodgrain is in perfect shape.. truck only has 21K on it. Offer?

I'll definately part with this one as soon as I locate the other I want. There are 5 different types I have found. The prices range from $124 - $130. I have tried searching on the discount OEM sites, but no dice.

I should have the brushed silver one by monday even if I just pay dodge for it and use the kick back from my woodgrain one to absorb the costs.

Lemme Know

jimboscomp 06-16-2006 04:29 PM

the laramie has brushed silver door handles!? how come i didn't know about it??? *RIIIIP*

Just some input as I've painted a few items inside of my truck. The surface of the center trim piece that's wood looking, has a really smooth surface to it, but if you sand it down, then sand it with really fine paper, I think 600 grain is really fine and would work. I went to home depot and bought silver paint which I did my cup holders and radio/AC knobs with (on my cardomain) and they look good, you just have to go at it slowly as not to get too close to it and put paint globs on it. I used Rustoleum (i think that's the name or close to it) silver metallic paint to do my cup holders. Pics of those are below, sorry they're a bit crappy I took them on my camera phone.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24683/3B101655C4CB47ECACAE556679DE8AD8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24683/86A3ECFF370A4D17A9842E3BA89EB54E.jpg[/IMG]

SRT4x4 06-16-2006 05:06 PM

Yeah, those door handles are honkin' sweet. I considered painting it.. but I want a perfect match and all.. my cousin owns a paintshop and would probably do it for dang near nothing. Hmm... maybe I could do polished silver with ghost flames? hmmm

I am going to check out those car domain pages and all.. I might get my cousin to match it up and make it look better than the dang Laramie.

Appreciate the help guys.. I will post a pic of those door handles when I find them.

jimboscomp: do you have a blackgrille on your truck?

jimboscomp 06-16-2006 05:51 PM

no i don't, truck came with chromed version...i mean i have the original insert that was in befor ei put in the punch hole but the frame is chrome, sorry =/ good luck on finding one though! I even looked on eBay because everything's on there and even they don't have it lol

tasmanohio 06-16-2006 05:56 PM

LED lights?

jimboscomp where did you get your led lights for inside you truck?

jimboscomp 06-16-2006 11:34 PM

RE: LED lights?

vleds.com for the interior lights

SRT4x4 06-19-2006 02:14 PM

Crap.. i have had it.. lol...

ANYONE HERE GET DISCOUNTS ON OEM PARTS? :)

i want to get that brush silver job and the door handles. I will pay. I don't care anymore.. [:@]

Frenchy 06-19-2006 02:54 PM

You willing to sell your stock trim piece? I'll pay for it! :)

Just not a whole lot.