3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

howdy/center dash trim

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 01:27 PM
SRT4x4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default howdy/center dash trim

Howdy, I'm a noob round these parts. Just picked up a 2005 Dakota SLT 4.7 4x4 off a lease return for a smokin deal. At any rate.. I was hoping I would find a site like this because in the past the other sites I have found for other vehicles I have owned have been more than helpful and have saved me buckoos of loot.

Ok, so there are like only two things about the interior of my truck that I would change. (I must ASAP, this is driving me nuts) The fake woodgrain center of the dash trim piece, I would like to scrap it. I would like the brushed silver, (laramie) like the surround of my speedo cluster. Anyone know where to get one other than Dodge Parts department? ($130!!! WTF!!!!) Time to paint, I think. I am not beyond doing that but cannot find a part number. Also would like the laramie brushed silver door handles. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, I look forward to fully (finally) converting to MOPAR. (I had 04 SRT-4)

Later,

Kenbob

Old 06-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: howdy/center dash trim

I don't know where to get one, but I would be willin to buy that woodgrain one off you if you find another one! :-) I had the C/F look one, and painted mine. Look at my cardomain link, and see what I did. I am scrapping that idea, and need a new trim piece, but like yourself, I don't wanna pay an arm and a leg for a new one that I'm just going to change anyways.

Get back at me.

Old 06-16-2006, 03:08 PM
SRT4x4
Rookie

The woodgrain is in perfect shape.. truck only has 21K on it. Offer?

I'll definately part with this one as soon as I locate the other I want. There are 5 different types I have found. The prices range from $124 - $130. I have tried searching on the discount OEM sites, but no dice.

I should have the brushed silver one by monday even if I just pay dodge for it and use the kick back from my woodgrain one to absorb the costs.

Lemme Know

Old 06-16-2006, 04:29 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

the laramie has brushed silver door handles!? how come i didn't know about it??? *RIIIIP*

Just some input as I've painted a few items inside of my truck. The surface of the center trim piece that's wood looking, has a really smooth surface to it, but if you sand it down, then sand it with really fine paper, I think 600 grain is really fine and would work. I went to home depot and bought silver paint which I did my cup holders and radio/AC ***** with (on my cardomain) and they look good, you just have to go at it slowly as not to get too close to it and put paint globs on it. I used Rustoleum (i think that's the name or close to it) silver metallic paint to do my cup holders. Pics of those are below, sorry they're a bit crappy I took them on my camera phone.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24683/3B101655C4CB47ECACAE556679DE8AD8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24683/86A3ECFF370A4D17A9842E3BA89EB54E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-16-2006, 05:06 PM
SRT4x4
Rookie

Yeah, those door handles are honkin' sweet. I considered painting it.. but I want a perfect match and all.. my cousin owns a paintshop and would probably do it for dang near nothing. Hmm... maybe I could do polished silver with ghost flames? hmmm

I am going to check out those car domain pages and all.. I might get my cousin to match it up and make it look better than the dang Laramie.

Appreciate the help guys.. I will post a pic of those door handles when I find them.

jimboscomp: do you have a blackgrille on your truck?

Old 06-16-2006, 05:51 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

no i don't, truck came with chromed version...i mean i have the original insert that was in befor ei put in the punch hole but the frame is chrome, sorry =/ good luck on finding one though! I even looked on eBay because everything's on there and even they don't have it lol

Old 06-16-2006, 05:56 PM
tasmanohio
Professional
Default LED lights?

jimboscomp where did you get your led lights for inside you truck?

Old 06-16-2006, 11:34 PM
jimboscomp
All Star
Default RE: LED lights?

vleds.com for the interior lights

Old 06-19-2006, 02:14 PM
SRT4x4
Rookie

Crap.. i have had it.. lol...

ANYONE HERE GET DISCOUNTS ON OEM PARTS?

i want to get that brush silver job and the door handles. I will pay. I don't care anymore.. [:@]

Old 06-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You willing to sell your stock trim piece? I'll pay for it!

Just not a whole lot.

Quick Reply: howdy/center dash trim