3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

06 dodge dakota in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006 | 02:59 AM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional
Default RE: 06 dodge dakota in Texas

Cool. Speakers are really a piece of cake. What speakers did you buy? I found out that about the only place to mounts an amp(s) is behind the right rear seat. Currently have my 2ch amp behind the left rear and that seat does not raise up now. Will move it too the right when I mount the sub amp.
Speaking of that, Frenchy-did you get the back of your cab and stereo finished up? That would tie into this conversation and some pics would be sweet.

TASTE THE HEAT AND ENJOY THE PAIN

Old 07-09-2006 | 02:03 PM
sdb5002

Yeah, there isnt a lot of room for mounting anything. Thanks for the advise.

i was kinda stupid i bought the 5.25 sony xplode. (they were cheap) however like i said i will just sell them on ebay hopefully. It was really easy to remove the door panel. It had the 3 screws in the door. The most diff was the door handle has a bar and it was pretty diff to get back in. I am going to look around and see what i can find thats a little better systme now, that i experimented. I prob just buy it off of that site i mentioned earlier.

I would love to see pix also.

Old 07-10-2006 | 02:10 AM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional

Hit all the stereo shops in town and listen too all the different speakers available untill you find a set you like. Take a cd that you listen too and have them run them on just a 2 ch amp w/no sub as it will not give you a true performance for that speaker. And ask them where the crossover is set. Don't let them play their cd. Then you can start shopping online. A lot of good reputable E-tailers out there and you can get stuff at around half of retail.

Good luck.

Old 07-10-2006 | 05:18 PM
sdb5002

good idea.

what difference does it make where the crossover is located and what exactly does it do? I would diff like to see some pix of a systems config.

Old 07-11-2006 | 03:34 AM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional

How the crossover on the amp is set depends on what you are running. If you will only be running comps w/no sub you want an amp that has the ability to run full instead of either HPF or LPF. That way you can get frequencies down low on the right speakers. Some only play down to 65hz while others will play down to around 35hz, such as the Alpine type R comps. If you will run a sub then the HPF set at 80hz will work and the sub amp will handle from 80hz down. These are just examples. Ultimately how the crossover is set depends on the speakers you actually use.

Hope this helps. Lots of info online and plenty of folks here too help.

Good luck.

Old 07-11-2006 | 03:45 AM
sdb5002

thanks bro. i am trying to do my homework for sure.

Old 07-12-2006 | 06:04 PM
sdb5002

do you have any recommendations as far as reputable online retailers for audio equip?

Old 07-13-2006 | 04:08 AM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional

I can help with that: Millionbuy.com, ikesound.com, woofersetc.com, sonixelectronics.com, sounddomain.com just too name a few. I have purchaed several items from millionbuy and they offer free shipping for over $200. Call ikesound to make sure they have what you want before you placed the order. Have ordered from sonixeletronics and soundomain with no issues and quick shipping, same with millionbuy on the quick shipping. Wooferetc comes highly recommended on the car audio forum i belong too. If you are looking for a good set of comps at a very good price($79 a set) check out Cadence Audio's website. They have a budget set of comps that should be available on their website sometime this month.

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.

Old 07-13-2006 | 12:15 PM
Frenchy
Banned

All his recommendations are ones I would give as well!

http://sonicelectronix.com/ is a VERY good site. Main reason I like it is cz I have demoed a ton of products, and when you write a review yo get Sonic Bux.

Old 07-13-2006 | 02:14 PM
sdb5002

thanks guys. you have been a big help.

Quick Reply: 06 dodge dakota in Texas