3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Startup noise?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Glk21C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Startup noise?

and I found out from the mechanic on Thursday that the hydraulic lash adjusters are not adjustable but rather self adjusting to accomodate for wear over time. I say this as I asked if they tried to adjust them.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Glk21C
Professional

FINAL UPDATE: (for now)

OK, a little bumbed. Dealer got word from Dodge that Dodge is claiming all the clanking/rattling noise is "normal" and thus warrants no repair. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

I'm not done with this yet, just have to re-group and figure out how to get someone with authority from the engine plant to come and listen to it, which won't be a small task....

Old 09-23-2006, 07:43 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard from an automotive manufacture. THAT IS CRAP! Does that mean that every Dak makes that engine noise? NO of course not. Does that mean that yours is Normal and all the rest are not normal? This is an outrage! DH is at a new low. Daimler will dump the Chrysler group. Mark my words. It’s is coming. If you bought a Mercedes Benz do you think they would jack you around like you just did? I think not. Have this situation reevaluated by an independent garage. You mean to tell me they ripped apart your engine and than fixed nothing and sent you on your way?
Sorry but I'm getting to where I can’t stand to see that S… any longer.

Old 09-23-2006, 07:49 AM
lil
Captain

Now that would be cool a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren pickup with like 600HP and flip up doors hehe

Old 09-23-2006, 03:19 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my diesel sounding ticking went right away now thats its colder here in NY State. I'm simply going to switch to a heavier oil next time I need an oil change. Guess mine wasnt the same thing.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Chad05
Professional

I think it would be a bad thing if after the engine warmed up and it did that rattling noise and clanking noise, then i would say we have major internal problem's, graythang settle the hell down it seem's that's all you do is complain and bitch on here at time's, dude get rid of your truck and move on dang, if you read Glk21C's post, it said there was no abnormal wear on the cam lobe's, and Glk21C even if you get somebody from the engine plant to listen to it what would you gain out of that whole situation considering they said there is no warranty on a normal condition, and who is going to pay for a advisor from the engine plant to come and listen to your engine again, dont know just a bunch of thought's ole well, graythang just get a bunch of stress ball's that should help you out.

Old 09-23-2006, 04:44 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

I'll tell you what you take my truck with the engine noise and see how you feel owning a 32k POS and see what stressed out really is. Don't tell others including myself that that’s the way it is and have a nice day. It’s wrong and there is no argument about it. The trucks that have this problem are not normal and you yes you know it. Stress *****? How about just ***** when it comes to these moron dealers with their normal crap.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Chad05
Professional

Hey monkeywrench i have noticed that also when i would start it up in the morning i would'nt hear that noise, very weird, so i dont know.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Chad05
Professional

You sure do get away with a like of trash talking on here, i'm not telling everbody and you that's it normal i said if it also did it after the engine got nice and hot then we would have some serious problem's cause i have heard that before on other vehicle's and you looked at them and it was some pos, believe me i dont like that noise or dont know what to think of it at this time, i have heard so much, and i thought you were on your way getting your truck issue's fixed how can you still be stressed about that, if i had problem's like you then i knew there people helping me to get my matter's resolved i would be as happy as a kid in a candy store, you need to regroup and come back when you are all better, it's not healthy, get a hobby or something if your this stressed and yes stress *****, get one big stress ball and just beat the hell out of it or just go break something that alway's help's, just take it easy dude, you got to quit attacking ppl all the time.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Chad05
Professional

Again just some thought's and what's DH

Quick Reply: Startup noise?