3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Truck weight

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 01:38 AM
maxmax
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck weight

I believe the weight of the 05/06 is way over stated. Look at the label on the driver door and check the GVWR. The
GVWR is the total weight permitted for the truck which includes, the driver and passenger weights, cargo, fluids like a full gas tank, and the truck weight. The GVWR on my CC 4x4 is 6010 lbs, The shipping weight of my truck reported by the transport company that delievered it to the dealer was 4429 lbs. One way to know for sure is weight it on accurate scales.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:55 AM
ptschett
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Truck weight

You can also get a good estimate using the GVWR and the tire inflation decal, which should have a line like "The combined weight of passengers, cargo and equipment may not exceed xxxx lbs."

For my truck, the decal says 1298 lbs.; GVWR is 6010 lbs.; therefore the base weight of my truck is 4712 lbs. I weighed it at a DOT weigh station and got 4760 lbs. with a full tank of gas, which seems reasonable given the addons I have.

Quick Reply: Truck weight