3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Lemon Law?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 01:21 AM
grandview
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon Law?

How hard is it to do in New York State? I just dropped my truck pff again for the same problem. I've had nothing but troble with this truck since I leased it in 5/05 18600miles I need anew wheel cylinder on the right side again. This will be the 6th time it will be replaced along with other brake parts. You can see my other post on this problem.When i asked the service manager about the law and what i need to do and he said whats a lemon law? I was ready to slap him arcoss the mouth .

Old 10-10-2006, 12:06 PM
mb18
Record Breaker
Default RE: Lemon Law?

check for information on the web for your state's lemon law. In PA, we have to own the truck less than 1 year, and the vehicle has to have been in service for the same problem three seperate times (and you have to be careful about this, as dealerships often will keep one incident ticket open until the problem is solved, no matter how many times you're physically at the dealer, so it counts as one service). Just FYI--check on your state's laws to make sure you're even eligible.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:30 AM
metall5468
Default RE: Lemon Law?

You can contact The Lemon Law people at 1-800-248-0203. This is for the New York State Used Car Arbitration Program.
18-10 Whitestone Expressway, NY 11357.

If you bought the car new they may be able to help you, and if not I'm sure they will be able to direct you to the right people.

Good Luck,

Steve

"When i asked the service manager about the law and what i need to do and he said whats a lemon law? I was ready to slap him arcoss the mouth ."
I know that feeling. Thats funny sh*t. I got a good laugh out of that.

Quick Reply: Lemon Law?