3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Goodyear Wrangler

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:48 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goodyear Wrangler

good year blows... they cause me a 180 on a major highway.. i hydroplaned all the time, get some bridgestone duehlers.. good stuff

Old 11-17-2006, 03:35 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: DakotaStone

Same here. I can't stand the tires I have because of the ribs on the sides. After I put the tire dressing on, and wipe it off, it still splatters the crap all over the truck. If I don't wipe it off the truck fast enough, it attracks more dust and dirt.

What tires are you looking at TurboT_bird?
Im not sure what I will go with, I kinda like the nitto dune grapplers but not sure about the performance of them. I drive though alot of sand on our property. My gf's family owns a tire shop that is also a 4x4 shop so Im sure I will find something. here is a pic of one of the trucks that her cousen built.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:43 PM
WorrGames
Professional

hahaha, how does he get in that thing? Does he need a harness and carabiner and climbing robe to get up? :-P
That is a pretty sick truck though. Why get stuck in traffic when you can just drive over other cars.

Otherwise, im not too into my tires, the wranglers. They could stick better, their semi decent in rain, pretty good in snow, and decent in dry roads. And I agree with the tire shine, its nearly impossible to wipe off the stuff with all the ribs on the sidewalls.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:46 PM
sawfish
Professional

Just waiting for them to wear out so I can replace with Michelin.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Dakota Chris

The Wrangler SR-A's are o.k. in the summer (quiet, o.k. traction), but I found they are no good in the snow. Getting going is o.k., but track stability and breaking are less than decireable. I do like Goodyear, but I don't think I would by those tires again, unless I am in an area with no snow. A lot of people swear by the B.F. Goodrich T/A KO as a all around good tire and good winter traction without being to noisy.

Dakota Chris

Old 11-19-2006, 10:43 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

The 07 TRX4 will come with a BFG Rugged Trail T/A in stead of the All-Terrain T/A KO like it had in 06. I don't know much about the Rugged Trail but the Tire Rack Web site shows it as rated as not such a good tire. The AT T/A KO rated really good in comparison. The Rugged is considered an all-season A/T and not so much as a on/off road tire. I'm not happy about this since that is what I will end up with on the 07. If you get the non TRX4 package you still get the AT T/A KO. Any thoughts on this?

Old 11-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Frenchy
Banned

Ah, you can make the stock tires a little bit better. Have them siped(sp?) should cost about 30 dollars for the whole thing. And it'll help the tires grab a tid bit more.

My dad wants me to get mine done. They are pretty good stockwise, but getting that little extra will help a lot.

He has mudtires on his truck for the winter. They had like a 3.5rating on tirerack.com for snow traction. He got them siped, and his tires grab more than my sisters Blizzacks. :-)

Old 11-20-2006, 01:04 AM
QCDAKblue
Veteran

Well I am tired of having to ease my truck out of the light. My truck just spins and break loose way to easy. Today I have to jump on the brakes and locked up the front. I am going to put some 20's with some fat tires for better tracking. Hopefully the truck wont spin those.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Frenchy
Banned

You are gonna roll with 20s in the winter?

Interesting concept.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:11 PM
8ball

I worked half the day yesterday cleaning my truck. My wife took it to work and just called to tell me there are spots down both sides of the truck. I HATE those damn ribs!!! I'm going to try the foam dressing next time. Might even whip out the leaf blower and see if that helps.

8 Ball [:@]

Quick Reply: Goodyear Wrangler