3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Stereo in my 05DAK

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Jaybird
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo in my 05DAK

Hi guys, I've got some really stupid stereo questions for ya. I don't know too much about this so please don't beat me up for asking. I have an Alpine MRP-F306 flex 2/3/4 channel amp in my garage collecting dust. When I do my stereo, I am going to put an 8" sub under each rear seat, and replace the factory door speakers.

So here it is; Can I use my Alpine amp for the door speakers and a seperate amp for the subs? Or should I just sell the alpine and go with one amp for the whole system. If I sell this amp, how much is worth? Anybody out there want it?

Old 11-15-2006, 10:38 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Stereo in my 05DAK

thats a good question, i went with a 4 channel for my speakers and a seperate one for the sub, but if you just want to get a four channel for them it might work. you should be able to get one with built in cross overs to accomidate the power. go to www.crutchfield.com and look into the f and q page, see what other people have done. if you go to your local shop they will tell you to get both amps to spend more money.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:31 PM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stereo in my 05DAK

Morning Jaybird,

You can run that 4 channel amp if you want. Use channels 1-2 for your fronts and bridge 3-4 for your sub. As long as it puts out enough to power everything. I wouldn't amp the rears. I wouldn't even use the rears as all they will put out are the highs. Replace the fronts with a nice component set then add your sub. Your soundstage will be up front and sound good. Do you have a CC or QC? Any ideas as to the equipment you want to use?
Good luck with the install.

Quick Reply: Stereo in my 05DAK