3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Brake Shudder Buyback Done

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 03:29 PM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brake Shudder Buyback Done

You all know my stories by now. My Dak was bought back also. Graythang I will be dropped off within a few weeks when my 07 comes in. Though I have over 10k on it I am only paying for 3,300 miles @ 0.35 per. That’s because that’s when the first complaint was recorded about the engine problem. They are buying all the accessories on the truck I had installed. Really not that many. No real mods. I stopped with the wish list when I knew the truck was a problem child. The Topper and Bedrug are being switched over by the third party store who it was purchased from. Dodge is paying the store to do this since they do business with them anyway. The painted rear Mopar mud flaps will be repurchased through the dealer and painted by the third party body shop that painted them before that is also the shop the dealer uses. All is being paid for by Dodge. Though my time is valuable and limited as I travel a lot in my work I will need to take personal time getting things redone on the new Dak that won't be paid for by Dodge. I will say that if it where not for the $1,700 spent on the color keyed topper and Bedrug for a Dak I most likely would had gone to either GM with the new 100k warranty or Toyota Tundra. I am taking my chances with another Dak. I fully realize this could be a big mistake or a great choice if this 07 Dak is a good unit. Like I said it's a great size truck and great looking and very quiet interior. It has a bunch of shortcomings and issues that many are concerned about but I will be ecstatic if the new Dak is a good unit.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:14 AM
Evolutions
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brake Shudder Buyback Done

ORIGINAL: rodslinger

ORIGINAL: Evolutions

...And if you are thinking of a buyback, contact an attorney. Dodge will not deal with an individual....
Not bad advice but not accurate either. Dodge will not deal with individuals that don't know how to deal with them. If you know and understand the process an attorney isn't necessary and may waste time.

I also dropped my truck off this morning for buyback and an attorney was never involved. There is a specific process for buyback claims. As long as it is followed, the process is simple and straightforward. It took one certified letter to make the complaint and give final opportunity for repair. After another failure a second certified letter was sent exercising my right for buyback. It was only 14 days ago when that final notice was sent.
I beg to differ on not being accurate. It may be accurate to my area vs. yours, possibly. DC would not deal with us at all. All they would do is get the service manager to call us and continue to say get a lawyer. Everything was done exactly per legislation in NC. When we contacted an attorney she looked at everything, called the District Rep. and everything was underway. We had already done the final notice, everything documented. There was no reason at all for them to not continue with us. The attorney didn't have to do anything.
Also, here you don't pay for lemon law attorney's at all, the company does.
The attorney clarified for us, that DC will not deal with the individual. Again, maybe it's just my area vs. your area. It would have made it simple, and would not have cost them $3,500 in attorney's fee's.
So, after hearing that an individual did get a buyback. I'd say try it yourself, and if any trouble, contact an attorney.

To clarify also, my shudder was so bad it wasn't just the rear brakes that would lock up, the front also locked down. The shudder was not allowing the ABS to work correctly. There is a bolt replacement in the front brake system that helps that, but the shudder came back on mine.

Quick Reply: Brake Shudder Buyback Done