3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

remembering a fallen hero

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 09:43 PM
grizzle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remembering a fallen hero

i am new to this but i saw my "brother" had this as his only link so here goes. i dont know if any of you know steve (bada**dakota) but he has been brutaly killed while serving in iraq. i was stationed with him but was in the hummer behind his when they ran over and ied. he was killed instantly. his wife who just got back to the states found out yesterday and doesnt know what to do. he was a good guy and a brother to me. he even is the one that got me hooked on dodge and now he is gone. all his vehicles will be sold and the money given to the red cross cause that is what steve would have wanted. all he cared about was his wife, his dodges, and america and me and michelle cannt think of anything better than to give the money to red cross since they help so many vets. if any of you know of a better charity please tell me so i can look into it and tell michelle. as for me i am in a hospital in germany for now but tommorrow the navy is discharging me and iwill be home for steves funeral. just wanted to thank you all for making steves days go by better. all he ever did was talk about dodgeforum.
thank you all
p.s. i put a pic of him and his wife so you can put a face to the person

[IMG]local://upfiles/49124/2D837857613742F78AF85E80E92615AE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-16-2006, 10:47 PM
jimboscomp
All Star
Default RE: remembering a fallen hero

I send my prayers over to yall! I highly respect all those who are serving in Iraq right now and am always saddened to hear of another casualty. My family has a history in the Marines, one was killed during the Korean war.

All Gave Some, Some Gave All

Will Never forget, Semper Fi!

Old 11-17-2006, 01:43 AM
QCDAKblue
Veteran

If this is true I feel for his family as a fellow military member. Sad to lose people over there....

Old 11-17-2006, 02:39 AM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional

My thoughts go out to his family. It is tough to lose a military member anywhere under any circumstance. My son is currently in Baghdad as an electrician in the Army NG. But he knew the risks when he signed up and volunteered for Iraq. That is what makes our military the best in the world hands down. Unfortunately a lot of folks don't understand or appreciate the concept. These men and women willingly take the risks and die so we don't have too and to allow us the ability to enjoy all the great things the good Ole USA has to offer.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:19 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

sorry to hear....

Old 11-17-2006, 08:55 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the loss. It's always hard to lose a friend/family member, no matter what the cause. I hope his wife will be able to find peace soon. Thoughts and Prayers.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:54 PM
krazy_k0904

Sorry to hear about your friend. I was in Iraq in '03 to '04. I know it's tough over there. Be strong and know people haven't forgot about you guys or stopped praying for you. Stay safe.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:37 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man i just talked to him a couple weeks ago that's relly sad. sorry to hear that i hope the best for his family. thanx for letting us know

Quick Reply: remembering a fallen hero