3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Get'r Goin!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 02:52 AM
abendel85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get'r Goin!!

Hello
Ive got an 06 Inferno Red Dakota SLT Quad Cab/automatic (pics will be up as soon as my rims get here) thats lookin real nice. Chrome accents throughout, Brushed Aluminum interior kit, tinted all the way around, Truxedo and LineX Spray-on. Now the problem is that I need to put some ***** in the truck. Its only got the 3.7 v6 which is decent but FAR from fast. I intend to modify the engine with an Intake, Performance Chip, Exhaust, and anything else that could naturally assist the v6 that its got. I also need to upgrade my Suspension and Brakes to hold up with the wheels and tires that are on the way. I am still kind of hesitant about modifying the motor. My previous car was a 97 Honda Prelude with a Intake, High Flow Cat, Exhaust which through the timing completely off and blew my motor(..it had a tiptronic sportshifter that couldnt hold up with the mods), so im not sure whats best for my new truck. If I could get some suggestions, feedback from current Dakota owners with mods it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Old 11-17-2006, 03:30 AM
abendel85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Get'r Goin!!

just realized that i posted in the wrong category
my fault

Quick Reply: Get'r Goin!!