3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

KRC Supercharger Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 08:05 PM
lownslowneon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KRC Supercharger Kit

I know it's been around for a while now.. I haven't seen anyone with it yet...

Anyone on here have it? Any real pics of it? Any videos? The video on the KRC site doesn't work....

Anyone have details? I have the AWD drivetrain option on my Dakota..can my drivetrain handle the extra power? Will my auto be able to handle the extra power?

I want real life details and I can't seem to find any.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:23 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: KRC Supercharger Kit

first off, why do people buy awd vechicles? i would understand if you lived in alaska were you would need it 6 months out off the year.
the kit from krc is a nice kit that comes with everything you need. from the supercharger to the 55 lb injectors and rest of the fuel supply. your truck would be able to handle the extra power no problem. people are using 75 shot of nitrous on the 4.7 and that is more deadly than a supercharger. the other option that i went for and a lot cheaper was the 206 cams. they are worth the money and if you dont have the pcm flashed you will see still some improvement in power.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:51 AM
Daves05Dakota

$5 to almost $7 Grand for a SC kit being installed is just a totally Crazy Price. I don't care what you say.
For 6$ you could have a SMOKIN Engine with all HP and TORQ for that Price and It'd Smoke that SC.

If i could get the whole Kit plus the install for 3$ - 4$ Grand I might save up for it but when price nears 7k,... thats NUTZ!

D05D

Old 11-19-2006, 06:25 AM
lownslowneon
Professional

ORIGINAL: superdak05

first off, why do people buy awd vechicles? i would understand if you lived in alaska were you would need it 6 months out off the year.
the kit from krc is a nice kit that comes with everything you need. from the supercharger to the 55 lb injectors and rest of the fuel supply. your truck would be able to handle the extra power no problem. people are using 75 shot of nitrous on the 4.7 and that is more deadly than a supercharger. the other option that i went for and a lot cheaper was the 206 cams. they are worth the money and if you dont have the pcm flashed you will see still some improvement in power.

I do live in Alaska...

Seriously.

But the kit for $4800 is not bad for a bolt on and go kit...$4800 bolt it on my self.. Im a pretty good mechanic... So under $5,000 to have 100 hp + increase... doesnt seem like a bad deal. I just want real world pics and stuff.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:53 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen anyone yet with a SC for the newer gen Daks. I want to get one too, that or the STS turbo kit... if they would come out with one.

BTW, the AWD isn't that great in snow, so it doesn't matter where you have it. It's great in the rain, as you can tell, I live in the Great Northwest where it rains about 7-9 months out of the year.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:43 PM
lownslowneon
Professional

AWD rocks in the ice and snow..

Not sure if all Daks come with the tires sipped from the factory.. but with my AWD and sipped tires... I have no problems at all in the winter.

BTW: AWD would rock with the supercharger.. no worrying about traction issues.. I just wish my truck wasnt an auto

Old 11-21-2006, 10:17 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

Yeah I agree, I saw this when it first came out on the market, I would much rather buy a whole new engine than just shove more air and tuning into the 4.7. I went to my dodge dealer and asked the head maintenance guy, he's been working with mopar for some 25 years and he said that a HEMI will fit in the engine compartment of the dakota, you just have to reorganize a few items and do something with the state to make it pass smog tests correctly. Of course the smog thing is probably only california and our smog regulations...

Quick Reply: KRC Supercharger Kit